Two Different Methods to Reset Comfast Extender
Although Comfast wireless range extenders are one of the best networking devices in the WiFi industry, however recently, many users have been filing complaints against them. The reason being, they have been experiencing Comfast extender-related issues. Are you one of those users? What is that? Did you just nod? Well, in that case, ease out the worry lines on your forehead as our technical experts are here to assist you. In this blog, we have talked about a surefire way, i.e. factory default reset through which you will be able to troubleshoot the Comfast extender issues. Are you wondering how to reset Comfast extender? In that case, continue reading this post.
Reset Comfast Extender via Hard Reset Method
This is the first method that can be used to restore your Comfast wireless range extender to its default factory settings. In this method, you don’t exactly have to use your brain that much. All you need to do is, press a little button.
Need more details? Well then, follow the steps mentioned below to reset Comfast extender using the hard reset method:
- Firstly, check if your wireless range extender is properly plugged in.
- Once assured, find out the location of the Reset button on the extender.
- Found? Wow. That was fast. Now, press the button carefully.
- Hold on for some time.
Before you even know it, your Comfast extender will get restored to its default mode. In other words, it will go back to being as new as it was the first time you brought it home.
Reset Comfast Extender via Soft Reset Method
Another way through which you can reset Comfast wireless range extender is using the soft reset method. Here, you need to access the web user interface.
The process has been mentioned in a more profound manner here:
- Turn on your Comfast extender right after plugging it into a power socket.
- Connect the extender and router using a wire.
- Open an internet browser on your laptop.
- Make sure that it is running on its most recent version.
- After that, enter the IP address of the extender in the URL field.
- Once done, press the Enter key.
- Within a matter of minutes, the Comfast login page will appear.
- Insert the required admin login credentials.
- Hit Login.
- Find the Settings tab on the main dashboard.
- Whenever you find it, click on the Maintenance button.
- Select the Reset Extender option.
- When asked for confirmation, click on the Yes button.
- Hold on for some time.
With that, you will be able to successfully restore your Comfast extender to its default factory settings. This means that every change you have made to your device till date has gotten erased. Now, you need to do Comfast extender set up.
For your information, many users get stuck while trying to reset their extenders. To ensure that you don’t get stuck too during the same process, consider keeping the points given in the next section in mind.
1. Proper Power Supply
This is the most basic thing required to execute any process related to a technical device. Thus, make sure that your Comfast extender is getting not just an adequate but also an uninterrupted power supply from its existing socket.
2. Non-Damaged Wire
Avoid using a damaged Ethernet cable to connect your networking devices. Apart from that, ensure that the connection is nowhere loose.
3. Use the Correct Admin Details
To reset Comfast extender using the soft reset method, accessing the main dashboard is important. And for that, the right login credentials should be used. Therefore, do not forget to put the right password and username to use.
4. Enter the Right IP Address
Last, but not least, make sure that you are only inserting the correct IP address in the URL field of your internet browser. Keep typing errors at bay at all costs. Apart from that, cross-check the IP address before hitting the Enter key to proceed further.
With that, we are concluding our guide talking about how to reset Comfast extender. Hopefully, with the information given above, you won’t take much time to restore your wireless range extender to its default mode.
On the off chance, you still need more help to reset Comfast extender, contacting our technical experts is recommended. Thus, wait no more, and reach out to them.